Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings. I need this completed by 03/04/18 at 5pm.
This week you were provided with a plethora of information about culture and what it means to be culturally competent. Using a Likert scale rating from 1 to 10, with 1 being extremely low and 10 being extremely high, indicate where you currently assess your levels of (a) cultural self-awareness, (b) knowledge, and (c) skills. You need to rate each of the 3 areas: a rating for self-awareness, a rating for knowledge and a rating for skills. Support each rating with a statement of why you selected the level you did.
Note: The Journal is a graded Assignment and should not contain information meant to be kept confidential. Responses should adhere to the same standards of quality as those expected for a Discussion or Application question.
These journals are personal reflections of your experiences. These are informally written, can be done in “first person”, can be just a few paragraphs, do not have to be supported with resources, but MUST help me to understand your experience doing the assignment as outlined, or indicate that you have generated some insights concerning the topic. Please be candid, as this will allow my feedback to be both personally relevant and hopefully helpful. However, please also remember that everything posted in Blackboard is public, so only share what you feel comfortable sharing. Please review the Grading Rubric for Application Assignments, Journals, and Final Papers attached.
· Read the Course Introduction area and watch the video Introduction to Multicultural Counseling with Dr. Bass (approximate runtime: 2 minutes).
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Section One, “The Multiple Dimensions of Multicultural Counseling and Therapy” (pp. 1–2)
o Chapter 1, “Obstacles to Cultural Competence: Understanding Resistance to Multicultural Training” (pp. 5-36)
o Chapter 2, “The Superordinate Nature of Multicultural Counseling and Therapy” (pp. 37-69)
o Chapter 3, “Multicultural Counseling Competence for Counselors and Therapists of Marginalized Groups” (pp. 71-104)
· Hays, P. A. (2016). Addressing cultural complexities in practice: Assessment, diagnosis, and therapy (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
o Chapter 1, “The New Reality: Diversity and Complexity” (pp. 3-18)
o Chapter 2, “Essential Therapist Knowledge and Qualities” (pp. 19-37)
· AMCD multicultural counseling competencies. (1996). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf
· Ratts, M. J., Singh, A. A., Nassar-McMillan, S., Butler, S. K., & McCullough, J. R. (2015). Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies. Retrieved fromhttps://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/competencies/multicultural-and-social-justice-counseling-competencies.pdf?sfvrsn=20
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012g). Setting the stage. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 30 minutes.
In this video, Drs. Derald Wing Sue, Teresa LaFromboise, Marie Miville, and Thomas Parham discuss messages that they were raised with as people of color, prejudice and bias in counseling, and different definitions of “cultural competence” as they apply to multicultural counseling.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
· American Counseling Association (ACA). ACA Code of Ethics. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more