analyze and evaluate the financial performance of the Toyota Motor Company within the context of its culture and the competitive industry in which it operates.
Focus on consolidated financial statement, and not up-consolidated.
Try to add or grasp some data or any information as appendices from: London stock exchange & rioter for financial analyst news about Toyota or general auto motive.
Report style is required so Executive summary is out of word count.
Make sure you use brackets when adding years during Harvard referencing, example (2001).
Source of the case study:
Crafting and Executing Strategy by Thompson, Peteraf, Gamble and Strickland, published by McGraw Hill in 2012.
Learning outcomes covered by this assessment
? To critically analyse the financially related performance metrics of the organisation.
? To critically evaluate financially related information with the aim of supporting the financially measured improvements.
In this assessment, you are required to analyze and evaluate the financial performance of the Toyota Motor Company within the context of its culture and the competitive industry in which it operates. More specifically you are required to examine the company’s financial capability and management and how these affect the business on an operational, functional and strategic level. You are asked to consider not only financial indicators, but also how the company’s management makes decisions, taking into account its financial position.
– Using the enclosed case study as a historic base, but then researching more current information, analyse the last three years’ annual reports and accounts in Toyota Motor Company (TMC).
– Analyse and highlight areas of good and poor performance in the company over that time period.
– Choose one existing industry competitor and compare their performance over the three year time period with that of TMC.
– From your findings, propose areas in which you believe TMC management could improve the financial performance of the company.
– The main source of information will be the company’s financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow). Using selected data published in the accounting statements of the company, choose methods (e.g. ratio analysis) to evaluate and analyze TMC’s financial performance. You should look at areas such as profitability, liquidity, efficiency and its performance from a shareholder’s perspective.
– You should evaluate any areas of underperformance, and identify what key decisions or changes which could be taken to address these areas.
– The report should be supported by appropriate financial calculations, including the calculation of relevant indicators. These may be included in appendices or presented graphically.
– You should choose one existing industry competitor and perform a similar analysis over the same time period and use this data to aid your analysis of TMC. This analysis should help you to indicate areas of good or poor performance.
– From your analysis results from the financial statements, you should identify some specific actions which the company management could take in order to improve its financial performance, with due regard to the chosen competitor. To help structure this section, you can draw on materials from elsewhere in your Master’s study, e.g. Porter’s five forces, SWOT, PESTLE etc. if you wish to do so.
Your report should include:
? An introduction to highlight the objectives of the report
? A brief presentation of TMC and its competitor, their products, market and organizational structure
? The financial analysis of the company and the chosen competitor through the analysis of the balance sheet, income statement and financial ratios. This analysis should be supported by relevant theory.
? Identification of the key actions which TMC’s management could adopt in order to improve financial performance
? A conclusion which brings together your key findings and suggestions and which follows logically from your report.
This is a guideline for the relative weighting of elements of the assessment:
Analysis of company, including competitor 15%
Assessment of results and correlation of theoretical knowledge with the relevant calculations 30%
Evaluation of the company 30%
Suggestions for improvement 15%
Format and presentation, including referencing 10%
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more