Overview: Choose a topic (current, social, historical) or theme ( including subject matter, media) that interestsyou. Research to discover 3 artists who have addressed that topic or theme in their artwork. These threeartists should be working in different time periods, or cultures, art styles, or with different media. You arelooking to show and discuss how a specific topic or theme can be interpreted artistically in a variety of ways.
1. Choose a topic or theme: select one that interests you. Possibilities include, but are not limited to:political, environment/recycling, social realism (including economic disparities), portrait, landscape, still life,technology, popular or consumer based work, media (including alternative media), etc.
2. Written paper (approx. 3 pages, 1.5 spaced + images)
1. Discuss your theme or topic that you chose. What is it? Why did you choose it? How did you goabout finding your artists and artworks?
2. For each of the three artists discuss their work in an analytical way
1. DESCRIPTION: Artist, title, media, date, and description of the art elements evident in the work: line, color, shape, value, space(depth), texture, volume or mass, time/motion. When discussing anyof these terms that are appropriate – use the specific vocabulary that we have been working withand learning all semester.
2. ANALYSIS: Discuss the composition and the principles of design used that are evident in thework. Principles of Design: unity, repetition, variety, emphasis/subordination, contrast, rhythm and/or pattern, balance, scale and/or proportion. Does the work have a “literal” quality– focusing on arealistic interpretation, a “formal” quality– placing emphasis on arrangement of the elements andprinciples, or an “expressive” quality– evoking a response of feelings, moods, or emotions in theviewer?
3. INTERPRETATION: Discuss the content, concept, and meaning in the work. This is your opinionbased on your observation of the piece- guessing what the artist is trying to convey in the piece.What do you think is most successful in the piece? What part, if any, detracts from the piece?
3. Images- make sure you include images for your artworks.
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/ (searchable by artist, subject, media)
http://www.moma.org/ (museum collection)
http://www.theartstory.org/ (searchable by artist, art movement)
http://metmuseum.org/toah/ (timeline of art history)
http://www.designboom.com/art/ (contemporary art)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more