ASSESSMENT TASK 2: Statement of Organisational Learning
In this Learning Statement you will consider all the materials related and/or relevant to this subject and write a critical reflective and analytical response, demonstrating your knowledge and learning, to the following questions:
Why do you think it is important for social workers/human service workers, students on placement, and managers to have knowledge, understanding, analyses, skills and critical reflection concerning human service organisations?
What do you consider to be key characteristics/practices/considerations needed for best practice in an organisational context? (You will not be able to cover all aspects covered in this subject- choose the key elements for you) Why? Justify your choice.
What do you consider to be some of the issues, dilemmas and challenges faced by workers and managers seeking to provide effective best practice to service users/consumers?
As a student what are the organisational dilemmas/challenges you think you might face on field placement and what are strategies learned that could be useful in an organisational placement context?
You will provide a relevant Reference List (minimum of 6 references).Aligned subject learning outcomes
gain an understanding of the nature of human service organisations and relevant organisational theory;
gain an increased awareness of the interplay between social welfare practices and diverse organisational settings particularly in relation to the environment, purpose, technology, structure and culture of human service organisations;
gain an understanding of human service organisations (particularly non-profit organisations) management principles, practices and issues;
develop some of the skills required to manage non-profit (community) organisations;
acquire knowledge of a number of strategies for change and resistance for sustaining and improving social welfare practice within human service organisations.
Aligned professional standards/ competencies
1. Values and ethics Social workers demonstrate that the values of social work are integral to their practice, they uphold their ethical responsibilities and they act appropriately when faced with ethical problems, issues and dilemmas.
2. Professionalism Social workers demonstrate active promotion and support of the social work profession, act with integrity and ensure accountability.
3. Culturally responsive and inclusive practice Social workers have adequate understanding and knowledge of cultural diversity in order to work in a culturally responsive and inclusive way.
4. Knowledge for practice Social workers have and obtain the knowledge required for effective practice.
5. Applying knowledge to practice Social workers demonstrate the skills required to implement knowledge into practice.
6. Communication and interpersonal skills Social workers demonstrate skills required to communicate and work effectively with others.
7. Information recording and sharing Social workers are accountable and responsible for the information they collect and keep in the course of their work.
8. Professional development and supervision Social workers demonstrate commitment to ongoing learning through continuing professional development and supervision. (Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) Practice Standards, 2013, pp. 9-17)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more