Project#3– Methods of Quality Improvement
The data set shows 48 samples (for 48 hours) of size n=7 collected to test the production process of a filling machine for soft drink bottling. The target filling is 20 fluid ounces.
Select a random sample of 24 hours of data. [Feel free to do it manually, if you cannot use the sample selection procedure in the software. ] Using the sample data, accomplish the following:
1. Construct an x–barchart. Need to use graph paper.
2. Calculate and plot the centerline and upper and lower control limits for the charts.
3. Calculate and plot the A, B and C zone boundaries of the x-bar chart.
4. Plot the 24 sample means on the x-barchart.
5. Based on x-bar findings, is the process under statistical control? Explain and justify your answer.
6. Construct an R-chart. Need to use graph paper.
7. Calculate and plot the centerline and upper and lower control limits for the charts.
8. Calculate and plot the A, B and C zone boundaries of the R-chart.
9. Plot the sample ranges on the R-chart.
10. Analyze the pattern of the R-chart.
11. Based on R-chart findings, is the process under statistical control? Explain and justify your answer.
12. Theoretically, what is the difference between x-bar chart and R-chart? Explain briefly.
13. How are they used? That is, what is their purpose? Explain briefly.
14. Compare the findings from your x-bar chart and R-chart.
15. Explain why rational sub-groupings are used in constructing control charts?
16. What are the major findings from the study? Explain briefly.
17. What are your conclusions from the study? Explain briefly.
Submit your findings and analysis in a report format (used in Project 1).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more