Variables and Hypotheses
Download the Assignment Worksheet and respond to each of the five questions.
Read the following research experiment conducted by the Police Foundation in 1974:
Kelling, G. L., Pate, T., Dieckman, D., & Brown, C. E. (1974). The Kansas City preventive patrol experiment: A summary report. Police Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.policefoundation.org/publication/the-kansas-city-preventive-patrol-experiment/
The Kansas City preventive patrol experiment: Police Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.policefoundation.org/projects/the-kansas-city-preventive-patrol-experiment/
The experiment focused on the following research questions:
· Would citizens notice changes in the level of police patrol?
· Would different levels of visible police patrol affect recorded crime or the outcome of victim surveys?
· Would citizen fear of crime and attendant behavior change as a result of differing patrol levels?
· Would their degree of satisfaction with police change?
Pick ONE of the research questions above and complete the following five exercises.
1. Identify one independent variable from the selected research question.
2. Indicate how the independent variable identified in #1 could be measured (conceptualize, operationalize, and describe the level of measurement for this variable).
3. Identify one dependent variable from the selected research question.
4. Indicate how the dependent variable identified in #3 could be measured (conceptualize, operationalize, and describe the level of measurement for this variable).
5. Express the research question in a measureable hypothesis statement (ensure that the hypothesis statement includes the independent variable and the dependent variable you identified in items 1 and 2 above). Use the following structure to help formulate your answer:
____ with ____ are more/less likely to ____ than ___ without ______
(subjects) with (independent variable) are more/less likely to (dependent variable) than (subjects) without (independent variable)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more