1. Which of the following is NOT a function of management?
2. _____ is the use of influence to motivate employees to achieve organizational goals.
3. Ports in northern Europe are operating at 90 percent of their maximum capacity. Several shipping companies are involved with Neptune Orient’s plan to develop and build of twelve new container ports in northern Europe. They have hired Drewry Shipping Consultancy to monitor the projects and to correct any design problems. Drewry Shipping Consultancy is performing which management function?
4. When Gunter Thielen of Bertelsmann, the world’s largest media company, decided to withdraw the company from its Internet enterprise, expand its marketing efforts in Eastern Europe, and merge its music business with Sony to optimize his resources, he was performing the function of:
B. HUMAN RELATIONS SKILLS
5. Porter proposed a framework that in a given industry, five forces determine the degree of competitiveness in that industry. Which of the following is not such a force?
A. Threat of Entrant
B. Currency exchange rate
C. Power of Supplier
D. Threat of Substitutes
E. Power of Buyer.
6. When conducting an environmental-scan analysis, assessing the make-up of a target population encompasses which category.
D. Political arena
7. An industry in which a few firms account for a large portion of total industry sales is defined as _________.
A. Fragmented industry
C. Concentrated industry
8. Which of the following is not a benefit of a positive culture?
B. Employee self-management
D. Integrating new employees
9. Which of the following is not a barrier to developing an effective diversity strategy?
A.p a. Poor management training techniques
B. b. Fears of reverse discrimination
c. Need for equality
D. d. Continual stereotyping
10. Which of the following refers to the 2nd stage of the organizational socialization process
A. Anticipating new employer expectations, needs for skills and abilities, and sensitivity to one’s needs and values
B. Completing role demands as required, mastering tasks, internalizing cultural norms and values.
C. Seeking role clarity, managing group interactions, and balancing life/work
D. Getting to know co-workers, learning the organizational structure, and assessing where one can make a difference
11 In looking at corporate relationships, we need to determine how a corporation reacts to specific internal and external challenges and opportunities. In general, the code with which moral principles and values govern the organization is called:
A. Code of ethics
B. Free choice contract
C. Discretionary responsibility
D. Social responsibility
12 Of all the approaches to ethical decision making, the ____ approach is concerned with achieving the greatest good for the greatest number of people
B. Categorical Imperative
E. E. Justice
13. Which of the following is not a common trigger to give rise to unethical responses?
A. Pressure to achieve results
B. Desire for pleasure
C. Demonstrate empathy
D. Exaggerated sense of pride
E. Need to maintain power
14. of the following is not part of the corporate social responsibility pyramid?
a. Economic Responsibility
b. Legal Responsibility
c. Ethical Responsibility
d. Philanthropic Responsibility
15. ______ support strategies in the functional area departments.
A. Tactical plans
B. Operational plans
C. Strategic plans
D. Contingency plans
16. The use of paper is declining. This is bad news for the pulp and paper industry in North America. Top management at Abitibi, the world’s largest paper producer, has developed a proposal to sell off unprofitable assets and consolidate divisions as a means of improving the company’s profitability. Their belief is that these actions will allow the company to survive. This is an example of:
A. Tactical planning
B. Operational planning
C. Strategic planning
D Structural planning
e. Financial planning
17. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a high-performing team
a. Clearly defined objectives and roles
b. Properly skilled team members
c. Dedicated time to complete tasks
d. Talented team members
e. Active participation of a manager
18. Lencioni identified five common problems teams face. Which of the following is not one of these common problems?
b. Fear of conflict
c. Risk aversion
d. Lack of commitment
e. Inadequate attention to accomplishing results
19. To establish and nurture a team to high-performance, leaders must take on three key distinct roles. Which of the following is not such a role?
b. Trust Builder
d. Team process facilitator
20. The Grape and Wine Research Organization in Australia funds a ____ at the request of its members. It is composed of a winemaker, an oenologist and two chemists who deal with specific concerns of Australian wineries. The members come from different organizations. Their primary functions are to advise on the quality of Australian wines and the efficiency with which they are produced.
a. Product Development team
b. Task force
c. Structured work team
d. Advisory board
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more