Operational Management Quiz
1. You’re an employee in accessories of a department store. A customer complains about your lack of silk scarves after she saw an advertisement in the newspaper. You are unable to provide a tangible restitution as you aren’t management. Knowing the concept of procedural fairness, what else could you do to satisfy your customer?
A. Make a note to the manager in front of the customer about the lack of merchandise.
B. Offer a rain check.
C. Call other stores to see if it is in stock and direct the customer to the other store.
2. Which of the following statements about the use of scent to change or augment the atmospherics in a store is true?
A. The gender of the target market should be used to determine the intensity of the scent.
B. There are no ethnic differences in the way scents are received and decoded.
C. The methods used to introduce scent into a store are relatively expensive.
3. Marcel works in the linen department of a large department store. When a customer arrived Friday morning to pick up a Thanksgiving tablecloth she had specially ordered, she was disappointed to find deliveries were late, and the cloth had not yet arrived. She was planning to use it at a Thanksgiving gathering at her home this weekend. Marcel was able to use empowerment to bridge the _______ gap by offering to bring the tablecloth to her home himself as soon as it arrived at the store.
4. Which of the following statements about the location of departments within retail department and discount stores is true?
A. Because many customers turn left when entering a store, the left side is especially desirable floor space.
B. The best locations on any floor are those that are closest to the store’s entrances, main aisles, escalators, and elevators.
C. In general in a multilevel store, space’s value increases the further it is from the entry-level floor.
5. When Karen went to Amazon.com, based on her past purchases, the site asked her if she was interested in a new book by Deepak Chopra. It also asked her if she wanted to be reminded when new books by Chopra or authors of similar books became available. Karen was even able to review her past purchases. All of these unique customer services enable Amazon.com to
A. differentiate itself from other retailers of books.
B. combat the problems associated with service intangibility.
C. prevent price comparisons with other electronic retailers of books.
6. Which of the following does not describe appropriate space management?
A. A retailer over allocates space to some low productivity categories such as milk because an extensive assortment in these categories attracts customers to the store and positively affects the sales of categories with higher GMROIs.
B. Less is allocated to fast selling merchandise to allow more shelf space to encourage sales of slower moving items.
C. A retailer over allocates space to categories purchased by their platinum customers, the customers with the highest lifetime value.
7. Glamour Shots uses makeup and clothes to try to make each of its customers look attractive. Then it takes photos of these individuals. It makes money by selling these photos. Since each individual is different, End of exam each makeover is different as is each camera shoot. Glamour Shots uses a/an _______ approach to customer service.
B. individualized retailing
8. Why is it important for stores to be designed with flexibility in mind?
A. It’s less expensive for retailers to build several different types of flexible fixtures than to build one inflexible fixture.
B. Stores with flexible designs can respond to market changes without large-scale renovations.
C. Customers find it hard to locate merchandise if fixtures are rigid.
9. Which of the following is not considered an objective to be met when designing a store?
A. The design should recognize the needs of the disabled.
B. The design should be inexpensive.
C. The design should be flexible.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more