Students will choose and conduct a leader assessment of a public (not a relative or friend) person. Here are the requirements of this leader assessment:
1. Please use APA format for your paper to include cover sheet and reference page (if references are used).
2. Students must cite five primary sources in the bibliography. A primary source is a book on that person, an article out of an academic journal (Newsweek, US New and World Report, Time, etc. are NOT academic journals) or another written essay on that person. The key is use publications created by authors who directly observed the public figure. Internet articles are usually not primary sources!
3. Students evaluate their leader by analyzing the leader’s behaviors using the Five Practices of Effective Leaders by Kouzes and Posner; Students should have approximately one page of analysis for each practice.
4. Students must describe how their leader illustrated one leadership theory studied during the course of this semester. For example, Abraham Lincoln’s leadership style used situational leadership by… This analysis should take approximately one page.
5. Speculate on this person’s DISC profile, their dominant three strengths from Strengthsfinder, and the four letter personality profile. Provide a summary of what you believe, based on your research, their DISC profile would represent, three strengths that Strengthsfinder may have identified, and their probable personality profile (four letter code) and why. This should take approximately one page.
6. Students should also provide a brief overview and conclusion of their leader. The introduction should include a short personal history of where they were born, where they grew up, challenges in their life, etc. This should be no more than one page for both the introduction and conclusion.
7. The total length of this analysis is eight pages of written text, (plus or minus one page), plus the cover sheet, and references.
Grading Rubric for the Leader Analysis Paper.
30 Points: brief, personal, biographical sketch of the person–where they were born, when, what their childhood was like, who they married, etc._______
150 Points: analysis of the person’s leadership according to the Five Exemplary Practices of Leaders:
– Model the Way: 30 points
– Inspire a shared Vision: 30 points
– Challenge the Process: 30 points
– Enable Others to Act: 30 points
– Encourage the Heart: 30 points
For this, students may must address each practice and should focus on those practices that their person best illustrates. For example, Theodore Roosevelt was very charismatic and illustrated Model the Way effectively, much more than he Enabled Others to Act. Students should acknowledge that Roosevelt did not enable others to act very well and offer possible reasons why he did not, then focus his/her comments on Model the Way.
20 Points: discussion of other leadership concepts, theories, models, or other aspects___
30 Points: Speculate on this person’s DISC profile, their dominate three strengths from Strengthsfinder, and the four -letter personality profile. _____
20 Points: eight pages of text (+/- one page)__________
50 Points: Overall impression: APA Style, quality of writing_________
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more