Knowledge and Application of Psychology
The purpose of this writing assignment is to assess your knowledge of learning concepts and your ability to apply that knowledge to situations in life in the context of the Six Principles of Scientific Thinking outlined in the previous writing assignment. Learning concepts are covered in Chapter 6 of the Lilienfeld text.
This assignment should be between 3-5 pages in total. You should have an introductory and a concluding paragraph. Use APA style in the text and in the reference section (bibliography) to cite your 3 sources (the textbook and two additional sources). Use 12pt Times New Roman font, Double spaced, 1 inch margins. Each General Psychology instructor determines their own specific grading policies, consult with your instructor if you have grading questions. Papers shorter than 3 pages or longer than 5 may result in loss of points. This paper is not a full research report, so you do not need an abstract, cover-page, Materials and Methods section, results or discussion sections.
Here is a link to a guide for APA style when citing references from various types of sources:
1) Describe and contrast (in your own words, not the textbooks) classical and operant conditioning.
2) Classical Conditioning: Discuss and explain how classical conditioning is already found in both of the topics (claims) you wrote about in writing assignment 1 earlier this semester. Briefly (one to two paragraphs) describe how you could apply classical conditioning to alter behavior in each of the topics. Briefly outline a hypothetical study you could perform to measure the effect of your classical conditioning manipulation (two to three paragraphs for each claim). State how your study would use one of the scientific principles.
3) Operant Conditioning: Discuss and explain how operant conditioning is already found in both of the topics (claims) you wrote about in writing assignment 1 earlier this semester. Briefly (one to two paragraphs) describe how you could apply operant conditioning to alter behavior in each of the topics. Briefly outline a hypothetical study you could perform to measure the effect of your operant conditioning manipulation (two to three paragraphs for each claim). State how your study would use one of the scientific principles.
4) For both of the claims, you must cite your source. The sources must be cited both in the text of your paper and in the reference section (bibliography) using APA format.
5) Briefly sum up the importance of classical and operant conditioning principles in everyday life. In other words, how does an understanding of these principles affect everyday life?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more