Elementary Statistics (MATH220)
Assignment: Statistical Project & Presentation
Purpose: The purpose of this project is to supplement lecture material by having the students to do a case study on collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
***The best way to understand something is to experience it for yourself.
Guideline for Analyzing Data and Writing a Report
Below is a general outline of the topics that should be included in your report.
1. Introduction. State the topic of your study.
2. Define Population. Define the population that you intend for your study to represent.
3. Define Variable. Define clearly the variable that you obtained during your data collection; this should include information on how the variable is measured and what possible values this variable has.
4. Data Collection. Describe your data collection process, including your data source, your sampling strategy, and what steps you took to avoid bias.
5. Study Design. Describe the procedures you followed to analyze your data.
6. Results: Descriptive Statistics. Give the relevant descriptive statistics for the sample you collected.
7. Results: Statistical Analysis. Describe the results of your statistical analysis.
8. Findings. Interpret the results of your analysis in the context of your original research question. Was your hypothesis supported by your statistical analyses? Explain.
9. Discussion. What conclusions, if any, do you believe you can draw as a result of your study? If the results were not what you expected, what factors might explain your results? What did you learn from the project about the population you studied? What did you learn about the research variable? What did you learn about the specific statistical test you conducted?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more