*Please no plagiarism – no copy paste–answer all questions–stay on topic*
HSC-4021 Discussion Questions
Part-1 – *150 words – include references*
Public Health Care System
The terms: health care and public health are often used interchangeably. Two such widely used terms are public health and health promotion.
· Define the terms public health and health promotion.
· What are the similarities and differences between the two?
· What specific health promotion activity was provided in your community during the past one year and what was the beneficial result?
· How did Healthy People 2020 develop and what is the purpose and goals of this program?
Over the years, the public health care system has evolved due to the numerous legislative and regulatory influences. These efforts are being illustrated as legislative and regulatory pressures on the form and function of the delivery system.
Note: Click www.nursingworld.org to view a link to get a better understanding about the issues affecting the community and nation (Go to Policy and Advocacy > Congress and Federal Agencies > Legislation and Issues).
· What current legislation has had the maximum impact on the way health care is provided?
· What interest group(s) influenced the establishment of this legislation?
Mention an interest associated with a health care promotion or wellness program that, according to you, had the greatest impact on the people of the U.S. in the last three years. Provide a description of this program.
The description should include the following details:
o What were the activities actually associated with the program?
o How was it reported in the media?
o What was it about this program that had an impact on you?
o What population was involved? Why do you think the specified population was involved in the program?
o What do you think can be done by society to promote this program?
PART – 2 – *150words – include references*
Health Care and Its Related Issues
There are several ways to measure the health status of a community or an entire population. In order to understand the implications of legal and regulatory policies in health care promotion and wellness, it is mandatory to analyze the impact of the social needs of local populations on their health care issues.
· What are the benefits measuring the health status of individuals aged fifteen to sixty four years in a particular community or an entire population? What effect do these benefits have on the health status of the community or the entire population?
· Which one health statistic has had the most significant impact on the health care profession in the entire US or your community in the last year? Discuss.
· Identify one major local social issue currently being addressed by the local elected officials (major, governor, or town council).
o What ramifications does this issue have on the local population?
o Does this issue have any legal impact on the community? Why or why not?
For a successful health status of a community, school health is critical to our future. How can we incorporate a program within the school focusing on the safety and well-being of students along with the social needs and health care issues?
· If you are asked to develop a school health policy for an elementary school, who would be the stakeholders in this process?
· What types of resources will you need to develop a program?
· How will the focus of the program target health promotion or wellness?
· What considerations should be taken into consideration when developing the program, such as the physical and social environment?
· What factors are taken into consideration when developing a program targeting elementary school age children versus adult?
· What anticipated or perceived objections would you expect?
· As we continue to move in the twenty first century, what elementary school health or safety issues are emerging?
PART – 3 – *100 words – *include references*
Health Problems among Teens and Young Adults
The course textbook An Introduction to Community Health refers to teens and their risky behaviors. The number of single parent households with children under the age of eighteen continues to rise. Unemployment is higher for teens and young adults, especially for minority populations. Health behavior and lifestyle choices are tested during this timeframe, with tobacco use, underage drinking, abuse of prescription illegal drugs, and risky sexual behavior. Teen violence and suicide are also a cause of concern to families and the community.
· How do social and environmental factors affect teens and young adults making healthy or unhealthy decisions? How influential is the family environment?
· What motivates teens to form groups and how do negative behaviors increase when teens are involved in small or large gangs?
· What specific issues does the U.S. minority population face in terms of health issues, lack of healthcare, and risky behaviors?
· What specific type of community program would you develop if you were in charge of improving options for teens and young adults? What community members would you seek to speak with about your program proposal and how important is it to include influential community members who can help support legislation, space, or financial services to help a community program succeed?
· How will education reduce risk taking behaviors? What type of follow up and evaluation will you do to ensure a successful program?
PART – 4 – *100 words – include references*
Public Health Care Problems
The leading public health care problems in the U.S. are:
· Mental disorders
· Consumption of alcohol, nicotine, OTC drugs, and prescription drugs
The count for people suffering from a diagnosable mental disorder in a given year is on the rise. This figure translates to approximately 57.7 million people currently (National Institute of Mental Disorder, 2008).
In relation to problems regarding drugs, consumption of alcohol is considered as the leading problem. In addition, the consumption of Nicotine, OTC drugs, and prescription drugs are other prominent issues (McKenzie, Pinger, & Kotecki, 2008).
· Is the diagnosis of mental illnesses still viewed with a negative attitude as was done several years ago? Why or why not?
· Are the local and national health care providers adequately responding to the needs of people suffering from mental disorders?
· Should the local health care communities be held responsible for mandating specific care and treatment for the affected population? Why or why not?
· What are the two major types of abused drugs and the age groups most likely to use them? Why is drug usage prevalent among these populations?
· What roles should the state governments’ or private health agencies or organizations play in order to prevent and control drug abuse?
PART – 5 – *150 words – include references*
Global Warming: A Major Concern
According to World Health Organization (WHO), global warming is the primary issues for concern. Noise pollution, overcrowding, traffic jams are some factors that have led to this problem. Lack of privacy is another factor in the modern times that is impacting people in ways that haven’t been examined yet. We also see a wide variance in weather patterns, such as severe hurricanes and drought conditions in the U.S.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO). (n.d.). Climate change. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/topics/climate/en/
· Examine one weather condition over the past two years in the U.S. which drastically affected the population. How can the community better prepare their families for such severe conditions?
· Do you agree with the statement that countries should be held accountable for their contribution to climate change? Why or why not?
· List some of the issues that might occur as the world’s population increases? Factor in water, food, and hazardous waste into your comments. Suggest ideas to address or avoid these issues.
According to the CDC website, violence is attributed for approximately fifty thousand deaths each year and results in over 2.5 million injuries. Homicide and suicide are the second and third leading causes of death, respectively, among US population aged fifteen to thirty four years. Hospital emergency departments treat an average of fifty five people for injuries every minute. The worst after effect of the sudden population explosion across the globe is the rise in violence.
· How have violent injuries affected a community? What steps have communities taken to decrease overall violent crimes?
· What steps can the federal or state governments take to help support communities affected from random or consistent violent acts?
· What can parents do in their homes to help educate children about risks and preventative accidents to help keep them safe? What role should parents take to reduce family violence?
· How can health promotion and wellness programs play a significant role to reduce individual or gang violence?
· How can schools and work environments increase safety measures against violent individuals or gangs entering their establishments?
· What roles should parents, neighbors, friends, health care personnel, and the community take when they observe someone who may exhibit unusual behavior or comments to help prevent potential violence? What agencies or resources are available to help communities cope and help their members seek help or assistance?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more