Assignment 2: Investment Risk Management
MUST BE 100% ORIGINAL. I have access to GRAMMARLY, but it is your job to correct the paper on your end before submitting it to me.
MUST BE 100% PLAGIARISM FREE.
MUST BE 100% GRAMMAR MISTAKE FREE.
MUST BE SUBMITTED BACK TO ME BEFORE DUE DATE! I will not be giving extensions on the amount of time you get to submit this paper to me.
MUST BE IN APA format!
MUST BE DIRECT QUOTES! Use websites or ebooks only!
Risk management negligence within the financial services industry contributed to one of the most significant economic crisis in the recent history of the U.S. During this time, Lehman Brothers, a global financial services company, filed for bankruptcy protection. This created the largest bankruptcy ever within the financial services industry. In order to complete this assignment, you will need to search the Internet for information related to Lehman Brothers’ bankruptcy, the financial risk factors that contributed to the failure, and management’s responsibility for the failure.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Based on the information you research related to Lehman Brothers, assess the factors that contributed to the financial failure of the firm, indicating how management failed to manage the risk related to each factor. Make a recommendation for how firms should manage these types of risks in the future. Provide support for your recommendation.
2. High-risk investments such as mortgage-backed securities, had a significant impact on the valuation of investments held with Lehman Brothers, yet many financial institutions continue to use these investments today. Assess the sufficiency of risk management techniques used by financial institutions today, indicating whether or not you believe the risk is appropriately managed to avoid a subsequent financial crisis. Provide support for your position.
3. Evaluate management’s role within a financial investment firm for establishing proper risk management procedures for high-risk investments and the appropriate level of accountability for portfolio performance. Determine the consequences that should be enacted when Financial Firm Management fails to perform their fiduciary obligation to investors, indicating how these consequences should be implemented. Provide support for your response.
4. Given the recent debt crisis within the EURO zone of Europe, analyze the impact to the performance of foreign markets and recommend a strategy for financial firms to minimize investment risk in these markets. Provide support for your recommendation.
5. Evaluate the role of the Federal government, if any, related to the regulation of investments by financial institutions including the scope of the role, the authority and enforcement capability within the regulatory agency, the benefits, and consequences of regulation. Predict how the regulatory environment may change over the next five (5) years. Provide support for your prediction.
6. Use at least seven (7) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia does not qualify as a resource. These resources must also be cited within the paper. The resources must be put in APA style (same goes with the citations and the rest of the paper).
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations, references, and the rest of the paper must follow APA format.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more