1) Seventy five percent of households say they would feel secure if they had 50,000 dollars in savings. You randomly select 8 households and ask them if they would feel secure if they had 50,000 dollars in savings. Find the probability that the number that they would feel secure is (a) exactly five (b) more than five (c) at most five.
2) 33% of adults say cashews are their favorite kind of nut. You randomly select 12 adults and ask each to name his or her favorite nut. Find the probability that the number who say cashews are their favorite nut is (a) exactly three (b) at least four (c) at most two.
3) 27% of college students use credit cards because of the rewards program. You randomly select 10 college students and ask each to name the reason he or she uses credit cards. Find the probability that the number of college students who say they use the credit cards because of the rewards program is (a) exactly 2 (b) more than two (c) between two and 5 inclusive
4) 36% of women consider themselves fans of professional bseball. You randomly select six women and ask each if she considers herslef a fan of professional baseball.
(this one has a diagram and shit)
Construct a binomial distribution using n=6 and p=0.36
b) Choose the correct histogram (no idea how i can copy that so whatever)
d) find the mean of the binomial distribution
e)find the variance of the binomial distribution
f) find the standard deviation of the binomial distribution.
g) interpret the results in context of the real life situation. what values of the random variable would you consider unusual? explain your reasoning.
on average ____ out of 6 women would consider thesmelves baseball fans,with a standard deviation of ____ women. The values x = 6 and x = _____ would be unusual because their probabilities are (less/more/equal to) 0.05
5) Given that x has a poisson distribution with u=3, what is the propapbility that x =1?
6) Given that x has a poisson distribution with u=0.4, what is the propapbility that x =3?
7) Find the indicated probabilities using the geometric distribution or poisson distribution. Then determine if the events are unusual.
Assume the probability that you will make a sale on any given telephone call is 0.18. Find the probability that you (a) make your first sale on the fifth call (b) make your sale on the first, second or third call (c) do not make a sale on the first three calls
8) A newspaper finds that the mean number of typographical errors per page is seven. Find the probability that (a) exactly six typo errors are found on a page (b) at most six typo errors are found on a page and (c) more than 6 typo errors are found on a page.
9) A major hurricane is a hurricane with wind speeds of 111mph or greater. During the last century, the mean number of major hurricanes to strike a certain countries mainland per year was about 0.51. Find the probability taht in a given year (a) exactly one major hurricane will strike the mainland (b) at most one hurricane will strike the mainland, and (c) more than one major hurricane will strike the mainland.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more