The completed research paper must address and contain:
Customer Satisfaction and employee satisfaction impact on hotel financial performance
• a problem, question or issue bearing on U.S. financial markets and institutions that is historically significant or currently important. This must be a solvable problem, like (1) You are hungry and need to eat, (2) You evaluate the situation by seeing how fast you want to eat, what you have in your home, how much money you have in your purse/wallet, etc, (3) You pose options like (a) make something from scratch, (b) microwave a meal, or (c) go to a restaurant, (4) You evaluate the three options individually and include their financial costs and benefits, (4) You compare the three options to each other, (5) You choose one of the three above ways to get lunch and justify it (6) You enact a plan to make it, microwave it or go out to the restaurant, and (6) finally you eat. If you do not do these steps then you will go hungry.
Do not pose a question like (1)World Peace needs solving, (2) Ummm…
Defining the problem in a non-solvable way is the #1 issue students have with the research paper in this class.
• research that demonstrates the validity and applicability of the problem, question or issue in the field
• a solution to the problem, question or issue or, if no solution is available, a discussion of alternatives that may be utilized
• a quantitative analysis of the proposed solution that demonstrates proficiency utilizing quantitative models in financial evaluations, and
• at least fifteen relevant sources from primary-source documents or reports, peer-reviewed journals or equivalent materials with substantive academic value, cited in the text and identified as references (e.g., Journal of Monetary Economics; American Economic Review; Journal of Political Economy; publication of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board; official publications of publicly held financial institutions, etc.).
The research paper must adhere to APA style requirements in all respects. Students will find several sample APA papers in the course assignment and rubrics sections and in Announcements. A complete research paper must be submitted in week 5 for draft review. The final paper must be submitted by the last day of class at the end of Week 7.
Suitable paper topics may include but are not limited to: effective regulatory control of financial crises; the impact of banking consolidation on domestic financial markets; risk management issues; the right balance, if any, between competition and regulation in financial markets; market and institutional changes to accommodate globalization; and fairness of financial systems and markets. The key point is to identify a problem or issue and offer a solution or alternative.
Research Paper Grading Rubric
Not following this Labeling Outline and the Grading Rubric is the #2 issue students have with the research paper in this class.
Labeling Outline, Title the sections of your paper with these labels. Do not include the trailing section numbers.
Quantitative financial analysis of primary issue (1)
Key point #1 with financial analysis (2)
Key point #2 with financial analysis (2)
Key point #3 with financial analysis (2)
Alternative Impression #1 (3)
Alternative Impression #2 (3)
Alternative Impression #3 (3)
Evaluation and Analysis
Evaluation and Analysis of Alternative Impression #1 (4)
Evaluation and Analysis of Alternative Impression #2 (4)
Evaluation and Analysis of Alternative Impression #3 (4)
Quantitative Model Analysis
Financially analyze the options against each other (5)
Selection of chosen solution with descriptions on why it is quantitatively and qualitatively chosen, and its proposed implementation plan) (6)
(1) Primary issue is clearly defined. Must be topical or historically significant and directly relevant to the financial system
1 page 10
(2) Identifies three key points about the problem from different stakeholder views and embeds financial analysis in the narrative
2-3 pages 20
(3) Generates at least three alternative interpretations of potential solutions. Includes a description of the cost/benefits/implications/dependencies/timeline/etc. of each.
2-3 pages 15
(4) Financially analyzes and evaluates alternatives with appropriate decision criteria
1-2 pages 15
(5) Effective utilization of relevant quantitative model (Financially compare the options to each other.)
1 page 10
(6) Selects one alternate as solution and develops action/implementation plan
1-2 pages 20
Flawless spelling, punctuation, grammar; APA formatting, Business-style writing
8 – 10 pages
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more