Elizabeth Company reported the following amounts in the stockholders’ equity section of its December 31, 2010, balance sheet.
Preferred stock, 10%, $100 par (10,000 shares authorized, 2,000 shares issued) $200,000
Common stock, $5 par (100,000 shares authorized, 20,000 shares issued) 100,000
Additional paid-in capital 125,000
Retained earnings 490,000
During 2011, Elizabeth took part in the following transactions concerning stockholders’ equity.
1. Paid the annual 2010 $10 per share dividend on preferred stock and a $8 per share dividend on common stock. These dividends had been declared on December 31, 2010.
2. Purchased 1,700 shares of its own outstanding common stock for $41 per share. Elizabeth uses the cost method.
3. Reissued 700 treasury shares for land valued at $30,700.
4. Issued 500 shares of preferred stock at $107 per share.
5. a 10% stock dividend on the outstanding common stock when the stock is selling for $50 per share.
6. Issued the stock dividend.
7. Declared the annual 2011 $10 per share dividend on preferred stock and the $8 per share dividend on common stock. These dividends are payable in 2012.
(a) Prepare journal entries to record the transactions described above.
(b) Prepare the December 31, 2011, stockholders’ equity section. Assume 2011 net income was $330,000
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more