1. Download and read the attachment, “How to Brief a Case.”
2. Download and read the attachment, U.S. Supreme Court opinion of Masterpiece Cakeshop. This is the case you are briefing.
3. Download, save, and open the attached “311 Case Brief Template” in Word on your computer. Use this to complete your Case Brief of the Masterpiece Cakeshop opinion. The template is formatted for you in Word. (Note: “Word” may say the document cannot be edited. You should be able to simply “click to edit” — or, save the document under a new name, using the naming instructions, and open as a new document.) NOTE: Additional research is not required for this Assignment. It is a summary of the case only.
4. The case citation form you are to use in your Case Brief is:
Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 138 S.Ct. 1718 (2018).
5. Write this Assignment in your own words! Do not copy and paste multiple blocks from the court opinion or Internet study sources. Turnitin will pick this up if you do.
6. Length: If you use the attached guidance and Template, the brief should be approximately 2 to 3 pages, not including the title page.
7. How to name your document in Word: Use your last name and the Assignment name in the saved document name of your paper in Word. Example: JonesWk3Brief.docx
8. Submit your final document as an attachment to this Assignment.
9. Your paper will go through Turnltln (TII) automatically on submission. You are permitted multiple submissions to assess the TII report. The percentage on this assignment tends to run higher because it is a short paper and student submissions are similar. Check to see what TII flags. Short random phrases and the case citation are not concerns. Whole blocks of flagged text are a problem. If your TII report flags in the “red zone” you must rewrite to bring down the number.
10. Do not attach your Case Brief to the Week 3 Forum!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more