Data Management Probability
1. A certain town performs a survey and discovers that 15% of their population have hazel-coloured eyes.
a. If 5 people are randomly selected from the town, what is the probability that 2 of the people have hazel eyes?
P(X>/= 2) = 1-P(X=0) + P(X=1)
b. of people with hazel eyes in the group of 5 people?
c. Create a probability histogram for the above situation for the outcomes from 0 to 5 people with hazel eyes.
2. A regular six-sided die and a regular eight-sided die are rolled to form a sum.
a. Determine the probability distribution for the sum of the two dice.
b. Create a frequency histogram for the probability distribution.
c. Determine the expected sum of the two dice.
3. A hockey team has 23 players on it consisting of 13 forwards, 7 defenseman and 3 goalies. The team charity golf tournament is coming up and 8 players are required to play.
a. Determine the probability that 3 defensemen are chosen to play in the golf tournament.
b. Determine the probability that at least one goalie will play in the golf tournament.
c. What is the expected number of forwards that will play in the golf tournament?
4. A game of chance involves a regular deck of 52 cards. The game costs $3 to play. If you draw an ace, you win $20. If you draw a face card, you win $5. If you draw a 10, you win $3. If you draw any other card, you lose.
a. Calculate the expected winnings for the player.
b. Calculate the expected profits for the game owner.
c. Is this game a fair game? If not, explain why the game owner would want the game slightly in his favour?
5. Consider a game in which you roll a regular eight-sided die. When you roll an odd number you win an amount equal to double the roll. When you roll an even number you win an amount equal to half the roll.
a. What type of distribution best describes the situation in this game?
b. Calculate how much you should charge someone to play your game in order for it to be a fair game.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT
find the cost of your paper
Is this question part of your assignment?
Posted on May 13, 2016Author TutorCategories Question, Questions
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more