[INSERT TITLE HERE] 1
Running head: [INSERT TITLE HERE]
[INSERT TITLE HERE]
Allied American University
This paper was prepared for [INSERT COURSE NAME], [INSERT COURSE
ASSIGNMENT] taught by [INSERT INSTRUCTOR’S NAME].
[INSERT TITLE HERE] 2
CRJ 110 – Module 5 Homework Assignment
PART I: SHORT RESPONSE
Directions: Answer the questions below. Your response to each should be at least one paragraph
1. What is a typology? What are some of the typologies of violent crime that this module
2. What are the key issues to be considered in explaining patterns of homicide?
3. What are the key issues to be considered in explaining and preventing the crimes of rape
and child sexual abuse?
4. What are the different kinds of robbery that this module discusses? Describe the criminal
careers of robbers.
5. What different kinds of assault can be identified? Describe what is known about intimate
6. Provide a useful definition of workplace violence. What do we know about the offense?
7. Explain the major patterns of stalking.
8. What are the major forms of property crime that this module discusses? Explain the
difference between professional property offenders and persistent property offenders.
9. What are the different kinds of larceny-theft discussed in this module, and how common is
10. How frequently does burglary occur? What are the types of burglars discussed in this
module? How do the motivations of the various types of burglars differ? In what ways are
they the same?
11. With what kinds of illegal activities are receivers of stolen goods generally involved? How
are stolen goods resold?
12. What is arson and what different kinds of arson can be identified? What motivates
PART II: COURSE PROJECT: CRIMES AND THEORIES
(Compilation of Modules 1-8)
Directions: This course project will include a written component for each module that will be [INSERT TITLE HERE] 3
turned in at the end of the course in Module 8. Criminology is the study of crime and criminal
behaviors based on theory. Your textbook defines a theory as a series of interrelated
propositions that attempts to describe, explain, predict, and ultimately control some class of
events. A theory gains explanatory power from inherent logical consistency and is “tested” by
how well it describes and predicts reality. To assist you with this project, the textbook defines
theories throughout. The theories associated with criminology can be applied to the crimes we
see committed in the news each week. Thus, this course project will involve locating two crimes
(one in your local or nearly surrounding communities and one national) and applying the crimes
you locate to one of the theories learned in this course.
For example: Situational Choice Theory could be related to a crime of robbing a person because
this type of crime often depends on the situation involved, such as a victim being in the right
place at the right time and other factors that lends to the ability to commit the crime, including
location, time of day, environmental factors, and the victim being alone and in possession of
items the offender desires.
Requirements: For each module, locate a local and national crime, describe the details and
source of the crime (also be sure to keep a reference page with all the sources used throughout
the course project). Identify an appropriate theory learned during this course, describe the
theory, and then explain how the theory relates to the crime chosen. Thus, each part should
require at least one paragraph as follows:
1. Chosen description and details of the crime
2. Chosen Theory, including definition and founder
3. Explanation of how the chosen theory relates to the chosen crime.
Repeat this process for each crime – one local and one national for a total of a minimum of six
paragraphs per Module. Sources of crimes include newspapers, websites, television news
stations, etc. You can use theories repeatedly for this project; however, try to use varying
theories to demonstrate an understanding of as many course criminological theories as possible.
Be sure to include APA formatting, including a cover page, in-text citations, and a reference
page (please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines). For each module,
be sure to include the date with either Local or National next to the date as the title for that
module assignment. Note that there must be two titles for each module (one for local and one for
national). Grading will be in part on ensuring that the course project included both a local and
national component for each module. Thus, the final project should have a minimum of 16
Crimes with Theories Applied (two per module). You will also be graded on your APA
formatting, reference page, grammar, and spelling.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more