Read Chapter 9. Do the following study questions. Submit, as usual, to the drop box.
This chapter deals with the two violent Index Crimes of Robbery and Murder. See the data on page 242 and 248-249. The Justice Dept. categorizes crimes as either stranger-to-stranger or acquaintance crimes. This description refers to the relationship between the offender and the victim. The crimes of murder and voluntary manslaughter are combined in the UCR. We only concern ourselves with voluntary (non-negligent) manslaughter in this section since involuntary or negligent homicide is not an Index crime. Remember, voluntary manslaughter is intentional homicide.
1. Why is robbery a violent personal crime and not a property crime?
2. According to our text, who are the likely offenders and victims of murder? Why do you think so?
3. Approximately how many murders are there in the U.S. in any given year? What percentage of these occur within the family? What is the U.S. murder rate?
4. In your own words, explain the difference between murder and manslaughter (voluntary).
5. Explain the difference between a murder and a homicide? What is meant by the statement “all homicides are not crimes” ?
6. Explain the difference between serial and mass murder. Refer to reading 9.1 on page 270.
7. Why do we call some crimes Hate Crimes? Give an example.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more