Facebooks lack of diversity
You have been hired as an economic consultant by ABC (please use the name of the corporation/organization that is pertinent to your case) Corporation. Your task is to provide an economic analysis of a case involving a diversity issue currently being dealt with by the company or organization. This case may involve any form of alleged discriminatory action/policy on the part of the company/organization and/or its management, such as sexual harassment, gender, age, or racial discrimination, etc. You are to write your report in the form of a memorandum to the company Chief Executive Officer (CEO). A number of cases have been included in your reading list for your reference. You cannot select any of the cases included in the course material. Refer to the following instructions to select your case study and to complete your project: This is an independent research project.
I. Select an actual case involving alleged discriminatory behavior by a company or organization. The case must have been previously described in a news article or series of news articles written between July 12, 2016 and September 10, 2016. A copy of the article(s) and its exact citation must be appended to your final report. You are to select cases only from periodicals and not books. To receive credit for this project, your case analysis must be original. You are not to use or copy an analysis from another author, otherwise you will be guilty of plagiarism.
II. Briefly summarize the case you will be discussing and analyzing.
III. Identify the part(s) of the firm/organization that the case may involve or impact.
IV. Utilize the tools of economics learned in class and your knowledge of diversity 2 concepts to explain the impact of the issue. Be sure to explain clearly how the issue impacts the behavior of consumers and/or producers.
V. Write a formal memorandum to the CEO of the corporation, including your analysis of the issue and explaining any recommendation you may have to correct the problem and to prevent its re-occurrence in the future. Make sure that you clearly explain the rationale for your recommendation and clearly articulate how it addresses the specific issue facing the firm.
Project Format and Submission Guidelines:
1. The memo should be between 5 6 pages in length. The length of the report refers to the length of the body of the text (mostly your statement, analysis, and recommendation and conclusion). The 5 6 pages in length does not include illustrations, list of references, the attached article, or any appendices.
2. Your report must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman, with oneinch margins on all sides, and include a bibliography or list of references.
3. The report must have your name and page numbers.
4. All quotations, paraphrases, and ideas that are not your own must be properly cited. Within the text of your report, a proper citation takes the following form: [Authors last name (year published): page numbers] For example: [Malixi (2012): 25-27]
5. Plagiarism is defined as the claiming of ideas of others as your own by not properly acknowledging the true source of the idea. Plagiarism is cheating and will be subject to disciplinary action associated with academic dishonesty. It will also result in an F in course. If you paraphrase the ideas of others, you must still cite the source of the idea. Paraphrasing means stating someone elses idea in your own words and is not simply the substitution of one or two words into another persons statement. Cutting and pasting statements from various authors and passing them on as your own is also plagiarism.
6. You must use references in putting together this project. You are to use books, articles, and other resources. Use 3-4 outside sources (i.e., not including the textbook, any course materials, or the article on which the case is based). The following citation formats are to be followed for books and articles.
For books: Authors name. Year published. Title of Book. Book publisher. Publishers location.
For example: Blau, Francine, Marianne Ferber, and Anne Winkler. 2014. The Economics of Women, Men and Work. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
For articles: Authors name. (Year published). Title of articles. Title of Journal or Periodical. Date of Journal or Periodical article or volume number, number in series, page numbers.
For example: Barling, J. (2006). Interrole Conflict and Marital Functioning Amongst Employed Fathers. Journal of Occupational Behaviour, vol. 8, no. 3, 112-118.
7. You will be graded on the content of your report, the quality and appropriateness of your analysis, and the clarity of your composition. Your report should be grammatically correct and free of any spelling errors. It should also be neat and in the correct format. 8
. Your first page heading should be in the form of a memorandum:
Date: September 12, 2016
TO: Name and Title of Company/Organization CEO
FROM: Your Name and Title
SUBJECT: Title of the Case Study ___________________________________________________________________
9. Consider the following outline for the text (5 6 pages):
I. Introduction: The introduction should briefly explain the case/issue to be analyzed.
II. Analysis: Your main arguments and economic analysis should be presented in 4 this section. You should reference other studies, legal measures and cases to strengthen and support your arguments.
III. Conclusion: The final section should summarize your arguments, clearly state your recommendation and include any concluding remarks.
10. Save your case analysis as a PDF once you have finalized it. The file that you submit should be a PDF file to prevent any changes in format and to make certain that the file that you submit can be opened without complications. It is the students responsibility to submit the correct file. Your submission is final
Deadline: One Week
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more