C17 College Mathematics
Directions: Answer each question in the handout and show all your work.
Use Microsoft Equation Editor or a similar tool to help you insert mathematical equations and symbols in your response. For further assistance, download the Microsoft Equation Editor Information document.
To show your work, clearly identify each step in your problem-solving process demonstrating your progress at each stage.
Clearly identify your final answer.
1. (5 points) Classify each angle as acute, right, obtuse, or straight.
2. (5 points) Find the perimeter or circumference, as indicated.
A rectangle measures 10 inches by 5 inches. Find its perimeter.
A square has a side that measure 6 centimeters. Find its perimeter.
John planted a garden that is 5 feet by 3 feet. How much fencing is needed to fence in the perimeter?
Find the circumference of a circle with a radius of 6 inches.
Find the circumference of a circle with a diameter of 18 centimeters.
3. (5 points) Find the area or volume, as indicated.
Find the area of a rectangular carpet that measures 10 feet by 8 feet.
Find the area of a triangle with a base of 7 centimeters and a height of 11 centimeters.
Find the area of a circle with a radius of 9 inches.
Find the volume of a rectangular box that measures 6 inches by 4 inches by 2 inches.
Find the volume of a sphere with a radius of 8 meters.
4. (5 points) Determine whether each pair of triangles is congruent.
Triangle 1: sides 8 inches, 11 inches, and 14 inches
Triangle 2: sides 11 inches , 14 inches, and 8 inches
Triangle 1: angle , side 28 meters, and angle
Triangle 2: angle, side 28 meters, and angle
5. (5 points) Given that Triangle A and Triangle B are similar, solve for the unknown length n.
Triangle A Triangle B
Triangle A Triangle B
6. (5 points) Answer the following questions using the bar graph below.
Who had the highest sales for the year 2010?
Approximately how much more did Joe sell than Julie?
7. (5 points) Answer the following questions using the pie chart below.
What type of music is most preferred among those surveyed?
What percent prefer classical music?
8. (5 points) Find the mean, median, and mode of the following sets of data:
3.8, 3.1, 2.6, 3.5, 3.0, 4.0, 1.6, 2.6, 2.1
20,000, 35,000, 20,000, 19,000, 26,000, 35,000, 42,000
9. (5 points) At most colleges, A’s are given a weight of 4, B’s a weight of 3, C’s a weight of 2, D’s a weight of 1, and F’s a weight of 0. Given the following report card, find the student’s GPA.
Physical Education (PE)
10. (5 points) If a single die is tossed once, find the probability of each event.
number less than 5
5 or 6
11. (5 points) Represent each quantity as a signed number.
The elevation is 200 feet above sea level.
The temperature is 25 degrees below zero.
12. (5 points) Insert < or > between each pair of numbers to make a true statement.
13. (5 points) Evaluate.
14. (5 points) Add or subtract as indicated.
–14 + (–23)
8.56 – (–1.76)
–4.5 – 1.3
15. (5 points) Multiply or divide as indicated.
16. (5 points) Solve. Check your solution.
17. (5 points) Solve. Check your solution.
18. (5 points) Write each phrase as a variable expression.
The sum of a number and seven
The difference of twenty and a number
Fifty decreased by a number
The sum of twice a number and four
The product of a number and eight.
19. (5 points) Solve.
The sum of twice a number and 18 is 22. Find the number.
The product of a three times a number and 7 is 63. Find the number.
20. (5 points) Solve.
Sean’s age is 5 years more than twice Doug’s age. The sum of their ages is 29. Find each of their ages.
Larry and Michael scored a total of 48 points in the basketball game. If Michael scored twice the number of points Larry did, how many points did Larry score?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more