If you are looking for something else, email me at [email protected]
Course Project – Part I
The Course Project is an opportunity for you to apply concepts learned to a real-life simulation experience. Throughout the Course Project, you will assume that you work as a financial analyst for AirJet Best Parts, Inc. The Course Project is provided in two parts as follows:
Part I – In Part I, you work with AirJet Best Parts, Inc. staff to identify the best loan options, as well as to valuate stocks and bonds.
Part II – In Part II, you will provide the company with a recommendation for purchasing a new machine. You will base your recommendation on the Net Present Value (NPV) of the capital investment project using the cost of capital (WACC) as your discount rate.
About AirJet Best Parts, Inc.
AirJet Best Parts, Inc. is a company dedicated to the design and manufacturing of aviation and airplane technologies and parts. The company has commercial and military clients worldwide.
Task 1: Assessing loan options for AirJet Best Parts, Inc.
The company needs to finance $8,000,000 for a new factory in Mexico. The funds will be obtained through a commercial loan and by issuing corporate bonds. Here is some of the information regarding the APRs offered by two well-known commercial banks.
Number of Times Compounded
Prime Rate + 6.75%
1. Assuming that AirJet Parts, Inc. is considering loans from National First and Regions Best, what are the EARs for these two banks? Hint for National Bank: Go to the St. Louis Federal Reserve Board’s website (http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/). Select “Interest Rates” and then “Prime Bank Loan Rate”. Use the latest MPRIME. Show your calculations. (15 pts)
2. Based on your calculations above, which of the two banks would you recommend and why? Explain your rationale. (15 pts)
3. AirJet Best Parts, Inc. has decided to take a $6,950,000 loan being offered by Regions Best at 8.6% APR for 5 years. What is the monthly payment amount on this loan? Do you agree with this decision? Explain your rationale. (20 pts)
Task 2: Evaluating Competitor’s Stock
AirJet Best Parts, Inc. is concerned regarding recent changes in its stock prices for the company and would like to determine the stock prices for key competitors. Key competitors include Raytheon, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and the Northrop Grumman Corporation.
1. Using the dividend growth model and assuming a dividend growth rate of 5%, what is the rate of return for one of three key competitors? Use Yahoo Finance to obtain the latest dividend amount and price for one selected company. (15 pts)
2. Using the rate of return above, what should be the current share price of AirJet Best Parts, Inc. if the company maintains a constant 1% growth rate in dividends and the most recent dividend per share paid on the stock was $1.50? Show your calculations. (10 pts)
3. Assume AirJet Best Parts has also a preferred stock issue. The most recent dividend per share paid on the stock was also $1.50, the same as the common stock. Which one would you think has a higher price, the preferred stock or the current stock? Explain your rationale. (5 pts)
4. What would happen with the price you computed above if AirJet Best Parts, Inc. announces that dividends at the end of the year will increase? What if the required rate of return increases? What changes in dividends will affect the stock price and how? (10 pts)
Task 3: Bond Evaluation
AirJet Best Parts, Inc. would like to issue 20-year bonds to obtain remaining funds for the new Mexico plant. The company currently has 7.5% semiannual coupon bonds in the market that sell for $1,062 and mature in 20 years.
1. What coupon rate should AirJet Best Parts set on its new bonds to sell them at par value? (10 pts)
2. What is the difference between the coupon rate and the YTM of bonds? (10 pts)
3. What factors will contribute to the riskiness of these bonds? Explain in detail your rationale. (20 pts)
4. What type of positive and negative covenants may AirJet Best Parts, Inc. use in future bond issues? (10 pts)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more