Compare your food intake against your USDA standard using the USDA MyPyramid Menu Planner.
(If you deem the information needed for this assignment to be personal, you can develop a reference individual.)
1. Type a list of foods you consume in a typical day/24 hours. List the specific name of the food consumed (i.e. ground beef, carrots, milk) and the amount consumed. There are no foods called meat, fruits, or vegetables.
Guidelines for portion sizes you can use as references:
½ cup is about 1 handful, 1 cup is about 2 handfuls
1 soda can is 12 ounces
1 teaspoon is about the size of your pinkie finger
1 tablespoon is about the size of your thumb
3 ounces of meat/fish/poultry is about the size of a deck of cards
1 ounce of cheese is about the size of a computer disc
2. Go to http://www.choosemyplate.gov/supertracker-tools/supertracker.html. You can register at any time by clicking on the ‘Register’ tab at the top of the page if you want to save your information and access it later.
A. Enter your: name, age, gender, weight, height and physical activity level. Then, click submit.
B. Enter the foods from your list of foods eaten in one 24 hour period.
Under “Start Menu Planning”:Type the name of the first food from your list. Then, click search
Click on the food from the list. (Click on Search Hint if you cannot find your food)
C. Choose the amount consumed, the No. of servings, the portion size, & the meal, & click add.
Repeat the process until all the foods have been entered for the day.
3. Answer the following questions
1. How many calories were recommended?
2. How many calories were actually consumed?
3. How many calories were recommended for “extra”
4. How many calories were “actual” in extra
4. Fill out the following chart concerning your “MyPyramid”.
Food Group Recommended Actual Approximate % Consumed
Ounces of grains
Cups of vegetables
Cups of fruits
Cups of milk
Cups of meat/beans
5. Click on Reports (at top of screen)
In Daily Menu box – click Go Now
Which food groups had “low status”
Name of Food Group with low status Name of actual food that could be added to improve the status
6. What was your intake of Sat (Saturated) Fats?
7. What was the limit of Sat fats?
Click “My Next Step” Select an area you would like to improve as your “Next Step”.
8. Name of area selected:
9. Click on “Next” box. What two steps could you implement to make a change?
Click Next; Click “Reports”, Click “Food Details” on Reports Page. Click “Go Now”
10. Which food that you ate had the most calories? Name of Food
11. Which food had the most saturated fat? Name of Food
Grams of saturated fat
12. What was one food you ate that was a whole grain? If none, type none. Name of Food
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more