Assignment: BIO125 Phase 5 Lab Report: Aging, Diseases, and Disorders
INSTRUCTIONS: In this lab, you will answer questions related to risks and incidence of injuries, diseases, and disorders in all of the systems covered in this lab.
Part 1: Cells and Stem Cells
Part 2: The Muscular and Skeletal Systems
5.What happens to the muscles as you age?
6.How can someone prevent or slow down muscle weakness? List example.
7.Is there is a relationship between strength and independent mobility? Please Explain.
8.What are some effects of muscular weakness on mobility as a person ages?
9.Because children’s bodies are still developing, what should they avoid when trying to increase muscle strength?
10. What leads to flexibility decreasing with age?
11. What are the effects of weak muscles on the joints?
Part 3: The Nervous System—The Brain
12. What are the causes, incidences, and risk factors of a stroke?
13. List alternate names of a stroke.
14. What are the 2 major types of stroke? Explain what occurs in each.
15. What about this image of the brain indicates the incidence of a stroke?
16. List and describe 2 other types of brain disease or disorder, including causes, incidence, and risk factors.
17. What is the difference between paraplegia and quadriplegia?
18. Can a spinal cord injury affect the body permanently?
19. What are the possible causes of a spinal cord injury?
20. What is the difference between complete and incomplete spinal cord injury?
21. Give an example of an assistive device.
Part 4: The Cardiovascular System and the Heart
26. What is cardiac arrest?
27. Which is more dangerous to the heart: atrial or ventricular fibrillation?
28. Name another cardiovascular disorder that can affect the heart.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more