Assignment 4: Reflections and Lessons Learned
For this assignment, reflect on the various theories and practices in adult education, training, and lifelong learning that you have studied in the course, and create a presentation of your ideas. You may use the presentation software of your choosing, such as Prezi, Haiku Deck, PowToon, or other similar software.
Some topics you might consider in your reflection include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Reflect on the adult learning theories (e.g., andragogy, self-directed learning, experiential learning, and transformative learning) that were addressed in this course. Think about which theory had the greatest influence on your thoughts and perceptions about how adults learn.
· Reflect on the impact of technology and e-learning on adult education, training, and lifelong learning in past ten (10) years. Consider the impact that technology advances such as integrated learning systems, social media or electronic gaming may have on adult educators and trainers as well as curriculum designers in the next five (5) years.
· Reflect on the impact of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 including Title IX, Affirmative Action, the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944 (G.I. Bill) and other federal legislation and programs had on increasing access to learning opportunities for traditionally underserved populations.
· Reflect on the theoretical foundations and real-world practice of adult education, training, and lifelong learning as a profession.
For tips on creating effective presentations, watch the video titled, “”.
Create an eight to ten (8-10) slide presentation in which you:
1. Rate your understanding of adult education theories and practices prior to completing this course compared to your understanding of adult education theories and practices upon completing the course. Examine the extent to which your understanding of adult education, training, and lifelong learning has changed from Week 1 until now.
2. Construct your own definition of adult education.
3. Explore the key concepts that you have learned in this course that you believe will have the greatest impact on your approach to educating adults in your current or future career.
4. Select at least two (2) of the key concepts that you discussed above. Devise a strategy that outlines the steps you could take to apply the selected concepts at your current or future workplace.
5. Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Citations and references (if applicable) must follow APA format. The title slide and reference slide (if applicable) are not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the definitions, goals, and purposes of adult education, training, and lifelong learning.
· Compare and contrast selected adult learning theories.
· Analyze the forces that contributed to the growth of adult education, training, and lifelong learning in the United States.
· Examine how adult education, training, and lifelong learning increased access to learning opportunities for traditionally underserved populations.
· Analyze selected theories and practices of teaching adult learners.
· Apply approaches to promoting diversity and inclusion to adult education, training, and lifelong learning.
· Examine the impact of technology on adult education, training, and lifelong learning programs.
· Consider current issues and future trends in the practice of adult education, training, and lifelong learning.
· Write clearly and concisely about adult education, training, and lifelong learning using proper writing mechanics.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in adult education, training, and lifelong learning.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more