Making an Ethical Decision
In this assignment, students will respond to a short case study demonstrating an understanding of an ethical dilemma and the ethical theories presented in the course.
Required Elements – Making an Ethical Decision:
· Read critically and analyze the scenario provided;
· Answer the question, “What would you do?;”
· To answer the question, students must identify the ethical dilemma;
· Apply at least three theories to make the decision;
· Compare and contrast your results using the three theories;
· Choose the result that you consider to be the best resolution of the dilemma and explain why;
Required Formatting of Assignment #1:
· This paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font, and three to four pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
· Title page;
· Introductory paragraph and a summary paragraph;
· Use headings to demarcate your discussion;
· Write in the third person;
· Use APA formatting for in-text citations and a reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
· Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.
Jill Jones is a bright 45-year-old woman who is the vice-president of sales in a mid-sized family owned Candy Corporation. She began her career at the company right out of high school, and over the years earned two college degrees while working her way up the organizational ladder.
One day, Jill was stunned to learn that the firm’s head, William Potter, was considering placing his oldest son, Henry, in the position of CEO while he became chairman of the board. Years earlier, when Jill was in a middle management position, Henry had unsuccessfully propositioned her and made her life miserable. She had never mentioned the incident to anyone and had put it behind her when he was promoted to head the Miami branch of the business. However, now as she looks at William Potter she becomes even more shocked to hear him say” I can’t be objective about him Jill, You have always been so loyal to the company and successful in hiring excellent people for the sales force I want you to review him objectively and give me your recommendation.” Conflicting thoughts rush through her mind, the awful past, the all so possible awful future with him as her boss, the clear knowledge that he has done a great job with the Miami branch, and of course the knowledge that he is the bosses son. What should she do?
“Jill” has just come up against one of the myriad ethical dilemmas companies of all sizes and their employees face on an ongoing basis. Deciding the best course of action might be easy in some cases, when there are clear-cut choices between “right” and “wrong.” But there are many gray areas, like Jill’s, when it’s harder to know what the right choice is for you and your company.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more