application for rey writer
· Application: Patient Safety Risks
As noted in the Institute of Medicine report, To Err is Human, “It may be part of human nature to err, but it is also part of human nature to create solutions, find better alternatives, and meet the challenges ahead” (Institute of Medicine, 1999, p. 15).
What are the most common—or most significant—risks to patient safety? How do these risks vary in different health care settings or with disparate groups of patients? What can be done to address these risks? You will explore these questions and more in this Application Assignment.
To prepare for this Application:
· Begin by brainstorming types of health care organizations and groups of patients (e.g., geriatric patients requiring chronic care, pediatric patients admitted for acute care). Identify a particular type of setting and/or patient population to help you pinpoint your focus for the following step.
· Review the National Patient Safety Goals, the CDC’s NHSN Web site, and the information on patient safety concerns presented in the other Learning Resources.Select a specific patient safety risk (e.g., patient falls, medication reconciliation) to focus on for this assignment.
· Analyze the systems errors and/or human factors errors that should be considered with regard to this safety risk.
· Reflect on related insights that could be gained from high-reliability organizations. What approaches do these organizations use that might be applicable within a health care organization?
· Consider the strategies and tools (e.g., Six Sigma, Lean) that could be used to assess and reduce this particular risk.
· Evaluate the potential benefits of patient and family involvement and steps that could be taken to ensure that they are included in this endeavor.
Note: To complete this Application Assignment, you will need to use the Learning Resources assigned in both Weeks 4 and 5.
Write a 4- to 5-page paper that addresses the following:
· Briefly summarize the patient safety risk you have selected, and provide a rationale for why it deserves particular attention.
· Analyze the influence of systems errors and human factors errors with regard to this risk.
· Discuss related insights that could be gained from high-reliability organizations and how they might be applied within a health care organization.
· Propose strategies and tools for assessing and reducing risk related to this safety issue.
· Describe how patients and patients’ families can be involved in addressing this issue.
This Application is due at the end of Week 5. See the Week 5 Application area for submission instructions.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and from additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more