Your assignment must illustrate knowledge of the concepts through an original personal and/or professional integration of the text material. All assignments MUST be typed, double-spaced, in APA style, and must be written at graduate level English. The content, conciseness, and clarity of your answers will be considered in the evaluation of your work.
You must integrate the material presented in the text in your own understanding, and cite your work according to APA format. Legal and ethical issues, and issues of culture and diversity must be addressed in context to the question presented.
Your responses should be approx. ½ page per question.
The entire assignment must be 3-4 pages total plus a title and reference page.
1. In communications family therapy, resistance and symptoms were treated with a variety of paradoxical techniques, known as therapeutic double-binds. Define and give an illustration of a therapeutic double-bind. Why were they considered so powerful?
2. What was the positive impact of research on family dynamics and schizophrenia? What was its negative impact?
3. Some would argue that there is a radical divergence between family systems therapies and the more traditional psychotherapeutic approaches. Others would challenge this view, arguing that there are many points of similarity and that the differences are exaggerated. Which position do you agree with and why?
4. What is essential to accomplish in the first session in order to establish a productive therapeutic alliance with a family?
5. Why is it important for a clinician to develop a therapeutic hypothesis, and what are some of the elements that such a formulation should include?
6. Why is traditional couples therapy considered potentially dangerous in the treatment of cases involving marital violence? What are some of the arguments in favor of treating violent partners together in couples therapy?
Nichols, M.P. & Davis, S.D. (2017). Family Therapy: Concepts and Methods . (11th). New Jersey Pearson. ISBN 9780133826821
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more