This assignment is due March 10, no later than 11:59. Everything that is expected from the professor has been provided for you. Please read the instructions and follow the directions. PLEASE NO OUTSIDE SOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Choose ONE of the following questions and answer it.
1. How does guilt play a role in Elizabeth Gaskell’s “The Old Nurse’s Story”?
2. What is meant by the final lines of Elizabeth Gaskell’s “The Old Nurse’s Story”: “What is done in youth can never be undone in age!” (1274)
3. Explain the parallels between the Garden of Eden story and Christina Rossetti’s “Goblin Market.”
4. Discuss how Christina Rossetti’s “Goblin Market” treats the subject of redemption.
5. Discuss how Christina Rossetti’s “Goblin Market” is a message to young girls about resisting temptation.
Each response needs only to be TWO TO THREE WELL-DEVELOPED PARAGRAPHS, (about 250-500 words) but if you feel the need to take a topic and run with it, then feel free to do so.
I will grade your responses based on the following criteria:
1. I will look at the thoughtfulness of the answer. Your posting should have a thesis and some development to prove that thesis. If you simply answer the question without adding anything valuable to the discussion, then you’ll get a minimal grade. If you raise interesting questions or interpretations to the reading, then your grade will be higher.
a. NOTE: It is better to only have one or two major points for a thesis and then develop that point fully than it is to have three or four points without developing any of those points at all.
2. The second criterion that I will be grading your response on is surface errors. This is, after all, an English class. Just because this is only a short reader response does not mean that you can have a lot of spelling errors, run-on sentences, sentence fragments agreement errors, missing punctuation, or second person pronouns (you, your, you’re) in your response. Since you had to pass both English 1101 and 1102 to take this class, I will expect you to write your paper with a mastery of collegiate-level grammar.
3. I REQUIRE you to use a minimum of one direct quote (more if necessary) to help solidify your evidence. When you use direct quotes, be sure to-
a. Format the quote properly in MLA FORMAT. If it’s three lines or fewer, use short quote format, complete with setting the quote off with a comma and enclosing it in quotation marks. If the quote runs into a fourth line, then it should be a block quote.
b. CITE the page numbers (for prose) or line numbers (for poetry) for every single quote. Improperly citing a source, or not citing the source at all, will cause the writer to lose points
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more