6. Convert the given numeral to a numeral in base 10. (2 pts.)
24. Convert the base 10 numeral to the numeral in the base indicated. (2 pts.)
14 to base 2
Section 8.1 Problems 40, 42, 44, 52, 62
For 40-44, convert the given measurement to the unit indicated.
40. 69.3 kg to hectograms (2 pts.)
42. 24 dm to kilometers (2 pts.)
44. 0.034 ml to liters (2 pts.)
52. Arrange the quantities in order from smallest to largest. (2 pts.)
514 hm 62 km 680 m
62. Calcium Tablets. Sean takes two 250-mg chewable calcium tablets each day.
a) How many milligrams of calcium will Sean take in a week (7 days)? (2 pts.)
b) How many grams of calcium will Sean take in a week (7 days)? (2 pts.)
Section 8.2 Problems 14, 16, 28, 42, 74, 88
14. Indicate the metric unit of measurement you would use to express the following: (2 pts.)
The distance between cities
16. Indicate the metric unit of measurement you would use to express the following: (2 pts.)
The diameter of a diner plate
28. The diameter of a coffee cup is about which of the following: (2 pts.)
a) 8 mm b) 8 cm c) 8 dm
42. Indicate the metric unit of measurement you would use to express the area of
the following: (2 pts.)
A ceiling tile
74. Choose the best answer to indicate the volume of the following. (2 pts.)
Air in a balloon with a diameter of about 17 meters.
a) 2600 m3 b) 2600 cm3 c) 2600 km3
88. Farmland. Kim Martello has purchased a farm that is in the shape of a rectangle. The dimensions of the piece of land are 1.4 km by 3.75 km.
a) How many square kilometers of land did she purchase? (2 pts.)
b) If 1 km2 equals 100 ha, determine the amount of land she purchased in
hectares. (2 pts.)
Section 8.4 Problems 12, 18, 32, 38, 56
For 12 – 18, convert the quantity to the indicated units. When appropriate, give your answer to the nearest hundredth. Be sure to show your work.
12. 9 lb to kilograms (2 pts.)
18. 765 mm to inches (2 pts.)
32. How far? Carol Ann Harle’s new car traveled 105 mi on 5 gal of gasoline. How many kilometers can Carol Ann’s car travel with the same amount of gasoline? (2 pts.)
38. Swimming pool. A swimming pool holds 12,500 gallons of water. What is this volume
in kiloliters? (2 pts.)
56. Stomach Ache Remedy. The label on the bottle of Maximum Strength Pepto-Bismol indicates that each tablespoon contains 236 mg of the active ingredient bismuth subsalicylate.
a) Determine the amount of active ingredient in the recommended dosage of 2
tablespoons. (2 pts.)
b) If the bottle contains 8 floz, determine the quantity of the active ingredient in the bottle.
Section 11.1 Problems 10, 12, 16, 22, 26, 42, 56
10. Change the number to a percent. Express your answer to the nearest tenth of a percent.
12. Change the number to a percent. Express your answer to the nearest tenth of a percent.
16. Change the percent to a decimal number. (2 pts.)
22. Change the percent to a decimal number. (2 pts.)
26. Potassium. The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s recommended daily allowance (USDRA) of potassium for adults is 3500 mg. One serving of Cheerios provides 95 mg of potassium. What percent of the US RDA of potassium does one serving of Cheerios provide? (2 pts.)
42. United States Population. The population of the United states has been increasing since 1990. In 1990, the population of the United States was about 249 million. In 2010, the population was about 308 million. Determine the percent increase of the U.S. population during this time period. (2 pts.)
56. Employee Increase. The Fastlock Company hired 57 new employees, which increased its staff by 30%. What was the original number of employees. (2 pts.)
Section 11.2 Problems 24, 34, 36, 54, 58
24. Use the simple interest formula to determine the missing value If necessary, round
all dollar figures to the nearest cent. (2 pts.)
p = $1,650.00 r = ? t = 6.5 years i = $343.20
For 34-36, determine the exact time from the first date to the second date. Use Table 11.1. Assume the year is not a leap year unless otherwise indicated.
34. January 17 to October 10 (2 pts.)
36. June 14 to January 24 (2 pts.)
54. Restaurant Loan: The Sweet Tooth Restaurant borrowed $3,000 on a note dated May 15 with simple interest of 11%. The maturity date of the loan is September 1. The restaurant made partial payments of $ 875 on June 15 and $ 940 on August 1. Find the amount due on the maturity date of the loan. (4 pts.)
58. Prime Interest Rate: Nick St. Louis borrowed $ 600 for 3 months. The banker said that Nick must repay the loan at the rate of $ 200 per month plus interest. The bank was charging a rate of 2% above the prime interest rate. The prime interest rate is the rate charged to preferred customers of the bank. During the first month the prime interest rate was 4.75%, during the second month it was 5%, and during the third month it was 5.25%.
a) Find the amount Nick paid the bank at the end of the first month, at the end of the second month, and at the end of the third month. (4 pts.)
b) What was the total amount of interest Nick paid the bank? (2pts.)
Section 11.3 Problems 26, 32, 42
26. Investing a Prize. David Buckley won a writing contest and invested the $10,000 cash prize in a 3-year CD paying 1.29% compounded daily (use n=360). What was the value of the CD after 3 years? (4 pts.)
32. Determining Effective Annual Yield. Determine the effective annual yield for $1 invested for 1 year at 4.75% compounded monthly. (4 pts.)
42. A New Roof. Rebecca Baum will need to replace the roof of her house in 5 years. How much should Rebecca invest now in a money market account that pays 2.1% interest compounded quarterly in order to have $6000 in 5 years? (4 pts.)
Section 11.5 Problems 8, 10, 12
For 8-10, determine the monthly principal and interest payment for the mortgage information listed. Use Table 11.4 on p. 649 to calculate your answer.
8. Amount Financed: $112,000
Annual Percentage Rate: 9% (4 pts.)
Number of Payments per Year (n): 12
Time in Years (t): 30
10. Amount Financed: $375,000
Annual Percentage Rate: 7.5% (4 pts.)
Number of Payments per Year (n): 12
Time in Years (t): 25
12. Buying a House. Sadaf Din is purchasing a house selling for $215,000. To obtain her mortgage, Sadaf must make a 20% down payment. The current mortgage rate is 4.5%.
a) Determine the amount of the required down payment. (3 pts.)
b) Determine the monthly principal and interest payment for a 25-year mortgage with a 20% down payment. (3 pts.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more