The text should be handed in, printed and stapled, following a Microsoft Word format, a letter size twelve (12) and a spacing of one and a half (1.5) between sentences (or line spacing in the paragraph options). The extension of the work should not be less than three (3) pages or greater than five (5) pages of content…. The written essay should be a product that reflects your understanding and interpretation (substantiated with arguments, evidence and reasoning, expressed in a clear, consistent, and accurate matter) of the assigned readings( I WILL PROVIDE THEM) Do not use Internet sources and limit yourself to the assigned texts, the discussion in class and your own argumentative capabilities. DUE PREFERABLY ON SEPTEMBER 30, IF NOT OCTOBER 1ST NO LATER THAN 6AM.
To understand the validity of an instrument we must critically assess the core concepts that supposedly are being defined, measured and applied in a psychometric test. Having that in mind we have, during the second unit, critically revised the concept of “Intelligence” since the beginnings of “mental tests”, in the late XIX century, until the more recent theories of Intelligence developed in late XX century (specially during the 1980s and 1990s). For that reason the purpose of the this test is to elaborate a single essay that discusses the following:
1. How certain interpretations of the concept of evolution influenced the instrumentation and measurement of “Intelligence” in the “Nature vs. Nurture” debate at the end of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century.
2. The problems and limitations regarding how “Intelligence” has been measured, defined and applied. 3. How recent theories, specially Robert Sternberg’s and Howard Gardner’s theories, have tried to solve some of these problems and limitations. It is advisable that you take into account the following “guidelines” when elaborating your discussion:
1. Take into consideration the historical overview regarding the theory of evolution and individual differences as discussed in class and on Hergenhahn and Hanley’s (2014) text. It also advisable to look at Sternberg’s (2003) historical revision of some of the theories of Intelligence.
2. Focus on one of the recent theories, either Sternberg’s or Gardner’s, giving examples on how they prove that “Intelligence” cannot be reduced to what usual and traditional psychometric tests measure.
3. Use at least two (2) of the assigned texts. Limit yourself to said texts and the discussion in class. Assigned texts (in the order they were assigned). Hergenhahn, B.R. & Henley, T.B. (2014). Evolution and Individual Differences. In B.R. 1. Hergenhahn & Tracy B. Henley, An Introduction to the History of Psychology (279- 319). Belmont: Wadsworth. Sternberg, R. (2003). Intelligence. In Donald K. Freedheim & Irving B. Weiner, Handbook of Psychology: Volume I, History of Psychology (135-156). New Jersey: Wiley & Sons. Sternberg, R. (2009). The Theory of a Successful Intelligence. In James C. Kaufman & Elena L. Grigorenko (Eds.), The Essential Sternberg (71-101). New York: Springer. Gardner, H. (1989). Multiple Intelligences Go to School: Educational Implication of the Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Educational Researcher 18 (8): 4-10. Gardner, H. (1995). Reflections on Multiple Intelligences: Myths and Messages. The Phi Delta Kappan 77 (3): 200-203, 206-209
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more